Reflection on Blackboard versus CUNY Commons ePortfolios

While I am still getting familiar with the Blackboard interface, I am pretty comfortable with WordPress, so my feelings are more than a little biased towards favoring the CUNY Commons site. I am still figuring out how to post artifacts on the Blackboard ePortfolio in a way that will appear as I hope it will and can be easily shared. I think that I will become better accustomed to both as time goes on though and we post more artifacts as a class.

I’m not thrilled about having to come up with a new profile and username/password to remember for CUNY Commons, but I am happy with how the page looks right off the bat. The WordPress template makes for easy visualization of what I am working with and the editing tools and interface are relatively intuitive. At this point, I’m still a little unclear as to how much content from our homework and other upcoming projects will be going onto both ePortfolios. I’m also not exactly sure who the entire intended audience is outside of our classmates and faculty, so I’m not sure exactly how I should be wording my profile page and general presentation.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes